Client Challenge: A new food and drink, creative business and events space built from shipping containers and situated in the heart of Elephant & Castle’s new regeneration zone had opened 5 months previously but was still struggling to attract new customers for the Food & Beverage and local services on site. The destination also had very limited online and media coverage.
Approach: Our consultant created a marketing strategy and supported the roll out of a plan that was designed to make the site and its offer more visible both at street level and online. A community relationship-building approach stimulated fresh local promotional partnerships and word of mouth referrals. Press, radio and blogger attention was secured through the promotion of a 3 day comedy festival, new weekly art market, children’s Easter performance, a series of free Jazz events and new Food & Drink-focused regular event. A new intern was coached to handle day-to-day marketing tasks and social media training was offered to all the F&B and local services tenants to encourage further collaborative promotions.
Outcomes (after 6 months):
- Nearly 10K visits to the new website within 3 months of launch.
- Social media buzz increased X10 from first month of contract.
- Latest Food & Drink event secured 366K views on Twitter
- Reviews and mentions also secured in leading London media including Time Out, Huffington Post, The Evening Standard and The Londonist
- 400 people reported attending last and most successful musical event.
- Takings up significantly for the site’s Food & Beverage tenants with one bar already looking to extend into another unit.
What the client said
“Unlike some marketing and PR consultants, Susanne doesn’t try to blind you with marketing jargon or describe hazy outcomes. Instead, she offered focused marketing strategies and tactics that made our challenges seem surmountable and gave us positive, tangible results on completion.
Her marketing coaching support for our new marketing assistant has also helped us to setup all the necessary marketing systems we needed and has put us in a position where we can now manage our day-to-day marketing activities in-house.”