In the latest SME Monitor produced by Cebr for Aldermore Bank many positive indicators show that the economy is on the mend.
Here are just a few of the indicators that the report highlights:
• The UK economy expanded by 0.7% quarter on Quarter in Q4 2013.
• Recovery is expected to gain further momentum over 2014 as a whole, as GDP is projected to rise by 3.3% year on year
• Growth is coming from all three major industrial sectors, production, manufacturing, and services.
• Annual cost inflation for small and medium-sized manufacturers fell back in Q4 2013 to 0.2% down from 0.7% in the previous two quarters
• Borrowing costs continue to fall back for UK SMEs, with the median interest rate offered to medium-sized enterprises falling to 3.2% in November 2013. Rates have not been lower than this since June 2009.
• The same goes for small enterprises where the median rate offered was 4.4% down from 4.8%
• The confidence level for SMEs climbed to +39.7 this quarter, its highest reading since Q1 2010.
• In Q4 2013 there were 3,800 business failures, down from 4,200 the previous quarter
All in all the future is definitely looking brighter for SMEs.
For full details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org